Monday, August 9, 2010

Where to start????

I have been working on my new site for the last few weeks, and so I have been thinking a lot about which book I want to start with. Due to being a single mom, I am always looking for a good, cheap book. Something that can launch me into another world, and help me forget my daily troubles. I’m sure there are many out there that can relate. The idea of trying to review only the new books that are coming out, really makes my head spin, since there are always several, if not tons of new released books being released monthly, and the only real way to be able to afford to purchase all of these new books, is to be a millionair, and even then, I don’t think that would be enough money. So, where do I start? Do I start with the book I’m reading now? Do I start with a book I’ve read in the past? Decisions, decisions. Ok, so for me, the task actually isn’t as daunting as it could be, but it’s still a huge undertaking. Unlike some reviewers, I do not plan to only read one specific type, I have a lot of varied interests, so I figure I should review all the books that I am interested in reading: Romance, Smut, Paranormal, Western, Suspense, Thriller, Comedy… The list is endless. Ok, now for the extremely hard part. My memory stinks. Lol. I can read a book then re-read it again, a few months later, and still not remember most of the details in the book until I am actually reading it again. So, with that said, the books that I have read over the last few months (well it’s actually coming close to a year) are possibly on the to be read again pile, which could actually take me several months, or should I just go ahead and review them, and hope I’m remembering the details correctly.


The only good conclusion that I could come up with is, I will just start with the 1st book that I read in this last year. Why only this last year you ask? Because I didn’t read any books for several years before that. At least my list is in a manageable state. My other issue, like I said, is the money issue. So my conclusion for that… I will be reviewing both books that are popular today, along with books that were written, well, since I have started reading books, so this could include classics such as Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne and Charlotte’s Web (Can’t remember the author at the moment. Sleep deprivation is kicking in) along with the new and exciting reads such as Of Witches and Warlocks: The Trouble with Spells by new author Lacey Weatherford. The way I see it, because there are so many books out there to read, no one on earth will have actually read every book published (and if you say you have read them all, I will call you a lier :p) so finding a good book, written today or yesterday is always a good thing. Books do not go out of style, they just age nicely.

With all of that said, I am going to start with one of my recent favorite reads, Of Witches and Warlocks: The Trouble with Spells by Lacey Weatherford.

No comments:

Post a Comment